Ciao from Roma!
Ahhhh...I am finally here and it still really hasn't sunken in yet.
I am sitting out on my gi-normous patio (with Sarah) surrounded by other apartment buildings as well as by sounds of cats, dogs, children, and traffic. It so surreal.
All traveling went smoothly since the moment I left Macungie till arriving at my apartment in Trastevere. I didn't really get to sleep well on the flight though...so I have been awake for a lil' over 30 hours. And even though that's a lot - it's nothing compared to our studio life...so I am not complaining.
Alright- so I'll give a quick rundown of my day starting from the airport in Rome...
When we got our luggage we met staff from AUR (American University of Rome)...we checked in and they assigned us to a bus (like a Bieber bus) to take us to our apartments. Lindsey, Sarah, Leah and I stayed together and we were the last ones to be dropped off in front of our apartment. But our apartment is awesome to say the least. Much thanks to Lisa for the heads up on everything! We have a large foyer and all of the rooms branch off of that. There is a living room, kitchen, 2 baths and 2 bedrooms. And off of the Living room and our bedrooms is the awesome patio, which I am now throughly enjoying!
So when we first got here we started to unpack some things but we were all hungry; and since AUR was giving out free food today we decided to check out our new campus and get a free meal. It is around a 15-20 min. walk (uphill) to campus, which occupies its own block and is surrounded by a wall. We got a little turned around on our first attempt to find the right gate but it was ok because we came upon an unexpected view of Rome...it was breathtaking! We were all without words...we could pick out the Pantheon and several other sites. It was a happy accident! We finally find the right way to enter campus we enjoyed our first real italian pizza and we checked-in and got our ID's.
After leaving campus we made our first trip to SMA, the grocery store. It is down the hill from campus and past our apartment. But we eventually found it after asking a woman where it was. We just got what we needed for dinner tonight and breakfast tommorrow. When we got back we all unpacked and took showers (yes!) Which brings me to now...It's 7:40 here (six hour time difference, not five like I had originally said). And we are going to start making dinner soon...pasta with sausage, bread and wine :)
And then after enjoying an awesome dinner outside on the patio with my amazing roomates...I will finally get some sleep!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
WOW! I'm so happy that you are there safe and are getting adjusted.
Hope you sleep well your first night.
Love Mom
I read it ... ;)
Aahhhh, I can't believe you are in Rome! Have fun and be safe!
<3 Megan
I'm so glad you got there ok! Love ya sweetie! Take lots of pictures!
~Lisa
yaaaaaay kristin!!
you're trip sounds so amazing so far!
i'm glad i got to see you at school right before you left :)
have an amazing time i'll keep reading!
<33bri
Post a Comment