Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hump Day Highlights!

So it is now Wednesday (aka 'hump day') evening in Roma and I would like to go to bed soon so I will just give a few highlights...tidbits...etc.
  • I only had one class today which was vey nice...it is Itineraries and Theories of Contemporary Architecture iwith Prof. Giovanna Piga. She is very nice and we will be studying contemp. arch in Europe for the first half of the semester and then contemp. arch of just Italy for the second half. The only downside is that it is pretty much a History of Architecture V with a less intense case study. Also it is a three hour long class and I had enough trouble staying awake in Singletary's class last semseter- ha! So we'll see how this goes. This class is only Philly U arch. students which will also make things interesting ;)
  • I got another blister today :( It must have been there from Sunday's wall walk (it was just deep under the skin and I couldn't feel it). My other one is a lil' better so I thought it would be safe to wear flats to class (vs. flip flops). Clearly a bad idea! This lil' guy blistered, popped and bled within the short walk to campus...ew!...and so I had to limp/walk awkwardly the 1/2 mile or so back to the apt. after class so it didn't get worse. I must have looked ridiculous.
  • Lunch: Mozzerella, tomato, olive oil, basil, pesto sandwich on fresh bread with ice tea I made :)
  • 1.5 hour siesta!
  • Went to Viale di Trastevere with Sarah to do some shopping...we got stuff we needed for our kitchen and I got a 3 euro sweatshirt (so cute!). We also stopped at a plant store and got Basil, Rosemary, Mint plants, and potting soil! We have plenty of huge empty pots on our patio and so now we can grow our own herbs :) And I can make mint tea!
  • Our cleaning lady came for the first time today! She cleaned our bathrooms, kitchen, mopped all the floors, and swept our patio! She is Italian and is very friendly so hopefully we can quickly learn more to communicate better with her. And she comes every 3 days so that will be soo nice! (I feel spoiled, but then again we are paying a pretty penny for everything!)
  • Dinner by Lindsay: Gnocchi with her 'special sauce', green beans and garlic (from the market), and a blush wine- it was all delicious!
  • Sarah and I planned our Itinerary for our Fall Break (Oct. 31- Nov. 10) and we are going to book our flights tommorrow- almost all of the flights our only 10 euro!!! We are going to go from Rome to Barcelona to Paris to Dublin to Prague and back to Rome! It will be a busy trip but amazing and hopefully semi-cheap trip. We are going to book hostels in each city as well (we found anywhere from 9 to 24 euro a night depending on the city).

Well that's my condensed Wednesday...beuno notte!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to have a cleaning lady!!!! I never had it so easy :)
Did you know that a cleaning lady was in the package????? Are you carrying bandages around with you?? Especially for your blisters :( Your dinners are sounding scrumptious. What are you cooking for tomorrow???? And your plans for Fall break are phenomenal!!!!!
Thanks for the updates!!

Mom

Unknown said...

wow! gross blisters! i wish we could fly so cheap here- sounds like your having fun.. glad to hear!