Hello and Bonjour from Brussels!
We arrived early this afternoon after leaving Dublin very early this morning. So far we have not done too much around the city but it is much different than I expected. I expected a quiet, quaint, 'medival' type city...well it is quite the opposite! Busier and more crowded than Rome, with a better subway system by far as well! We walked around for a while, enjoying one of Brussels claim to fame: chocolate!!! Oh my! One thing that is really interesting is how much it is starting to feel like Christmas here...lights, chill in the air, hot chocolate :) It is very strange and surreal for me!
Ok so a little jump back to yesterday and my day in Dublin....we did a bus tour of the countryside and Wicklow park...where they filmed Braveheart and P.S. I Love You :) It was beyond beautiful! We had such an amazing day and we had a great tour guide, Stephen. We went from the city to Wicklow and Glendalough...in addition to the wonderful landscape we stopped at a monastary (sp?) and lakes. We stopped for lunch in Glendalough and I got Guinness Beef Stew...yum! All in all it was such an amazing day and we have been blessed with such great weather so far (minus some rain in Barcelona). I can't wait to put my pictures up (on facebook) so you can get a glimpse of how breathtaking Dublin and the countryside is.
There are SO many stories I can tell about each place we have been, people we have met, things we have done...the list goes on and on! Well here's one true story: I played spoons in a pub in Dublin! Last night Sarah and I went to a pub with live music, we were listening for a while and Sarah was like "Kristin you should play the spoons with the band" so she asked the bartender for some spoons...he asked if she "was dangerous with them?" So said no but that I was :) So he dug through the drawer and got me two spoons and than he threw a coaster at the guitar player and pointed to me. The guitarist told me to come up front...so I did and we 'jammed' for one song :) Oh my word!!! Can you believe it? Ha- I never thought I would say I played in an Irish Pub!
Well tommorrow we are going to Amsterdam for the day and then back to Brussels on Sunday. And we leave for Rome early early Monday morning. As much I have enjoyed traveling I am excited to go 'home' (to Rome) and not live out of a suitcase, have clean clothes and smell nice ;) But really though this trip has been more than anything I could have ever expected and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well I wish I had more time for some more stories but my time on the internet is running out...so I must say goodnight for now! Bon nuit!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey ragazza,
Eat lots of chocolate for me. Take in the scenery while you still can. You're home in just 5 weeks now!
God bless.
I do hope you are journaling more than what is on your blog. You"ll want to remember these days!!
Love Mom
Grandma told me about your spoons adventure before I read your post. Wow! Your adventures keep going on and on. Aunt Linda
Post a Comment