Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bonjour!

Ya...I'm in Paris :)

I arrived yesterday morning after leaving Barcelona at 3:30am with 7 hours of travel till arriving at Grace's apartment! She lives on the same street as the Sorbonne and is only a 10 min walk from Notre Dame!
I don't have too much time to update on everything we have done, but let me just say that we have done almost everything! Paris is amazingly beautiful and we have had surprisingly great weather here (no rain yet!). I have seen everything I wanted to and more in the past 36 hours and it still seems surreal that I am even here. Tomorrow we are going to Chartres and Versailles and then we leave for Dublin on Wed. morning.

We truly are priviledged to have these opportunities. It is great to see all of the sites and such but it's the off the beat moments that in the end will define this trip. Things like trying to figure out the metro, strolling down random streets, asking for directions in french, etc. It is just such a great experience :)

Well sorry this is so short...I don't have the time to write a novel about each city!

1 comment:

Linda said...

It's okay if you don't write a novel; it is so nice to read "I am in Paris"! Everything you write is so great!! Have fun and be safe.
Love, Aunt Linda