Friday, November 21, 2008

One month...

This time next month I will be at home...it's crazy to think about.

One month ago I was so 'against' wanting to come home...setting myself up to be 'depressed' and feel sorry for myself once I finally arrived. That feeling changed 180 degrees after my fall break (as I may have briefly mentioned before) and I was longing to be back in the States with my fam and friends. Today,though, I think I have discovered a balance...yes, I am still excited to be able to go home but at the same time I am excited to enjoy my final month in Rome (with a lil' visit to Germany in there!). Ha- unfortunetly I do have all of my class work due in this next month but it should keep me busy, hopefully in a good way. But I really don't want to look back and feel like I wasted the end of my time here, I need to continue to get out and discover parts of the city I haven't seen yet or even become more familiar with my favorite parts. It will take a little more energy but I know it will be worth it :)

So I already mentioned that I will be going to Germany! Yes! I bought my tickets earlier this week and I leave Dec. 4th and fly into Frankfurt where I will take a train to Darmstadt, where Adela and her husband live. Then on Saturday I will take a train to Nurenberg to visit Rachel and her fam! On Monday (the 8th) I will fly back to Rome. I am really looking forward to the trip and being able to spend time with all of these people :)

Well tomorrow I have a mandatory Saturday field trip (yes, it's the second one in a row!). I have to meet the class at 8am up at the school! And we're not getting back till 6pm :( There goes my whole day! I am not even sure where we are going I just know that it's 2 hours away into the mountains and that it's an archeological site. But hopefully the weather will be nice since it's been rainy here...if not it could be a yucky day!

Oh well...we'll see

1 comment:

Adela said...

so you'll be home for Christmas? sweet! we were also in Romania last week as we can't go home for the Holidays. Other than this, I can't wait to see you! :) Check your facebook for details! ;)
hugs.